Advanced Chemical Process Control: Putting Theory Into Practice
Bridge the gap between theory and practice with this accessible guide
Process control is an area of study which seeks to optimize industrial processes, applying different strategies and technologies as required to navigate the variety of processes and their many potential challenges. Though the body of chemical process control theory is robust, it is only in recent decades that it has been effectively integrated with industrial practice to form a flexible toolkit. The need for a guide to this integration of theory and practice has therefore never been more urgent.
Advanced Chemical Process Control meets this need, making advanced chemical process control accessible and useful to chemical engineers with little grounding in the theoretical principles of the subject. It provides a basic introduction to the background and mathematics of control theory, before turning to the implementation of control principles in industrial contexts. The result is a bridge between the insights of control theory and the needs of engineers in plants, factories, research facilities, and beyond.
Advanced Chemical Process Control readers will also find:
- Detailed overview of Control Performance Monitoring (CPM), Model Predictive Control (MPC), and more
- Discussion of the cost benefit analysis of improved control in particular jobs
- Authored by a leading international expert on chemical process control
Advanced Chemical Process Control is essential for chemical and process engineers looking to develop a working knowledge of process control, as well as for students and graduates entering the chemical process control field
- Publisher: Wiley-Vch
- Publish Date: Aug 28th, 2023
- Pages: 384
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.61in - 6.69in - 0.59in - 0.00lb
- EAN: 9783527352234
- Categories: • Chemistry - Industrial & Technical• Quality Control