After Dinner Conversation Magazine
Delight in intriguing, thought-provoking conversations about ethics, philosophy, and social issues! After Dinner Conversation is a monthly literary magazine publishing short fiction. Each issue features both established writers and up-and-coming authors who contribute fascinating philosophical insights on controversial topics like marriage equality, assisted suicide, the meaning of death, animal rights and defined your "purpose." It's time to go deep in search of truth! If you love reading imaginative short stories on hot topics that make your brain think deeply but also have you laughing out loud... then this magazine is for you!
"After Dinner Conversation" Magazine - December 2022
- Mrs. Robinson: Set in Elizabethan England, a young woman marries a too-good-to-be-true heir to an estate, only to find out he has a secret.
- Male Privilege: The narrator is picked by the retiring Mayor to be his successor, but his questionable past catches up to him before election day.
- The Bargain: Alien real estate developers visit earth to let us know our planet is in a prime development location and set to add 40 billion inhabitants.
- The Kill Registry: In a world where everyone in society gets "one free kill," the narrator finds out his attractive coworker got a promotion.
- Lev's Pawn Shop: A dying pawn shop own looks to return all the items in his shop to settle his account with God.
- Sacrificing Mercy: A devout Christian refuses a heart transplant based on her religious convictions.
- Everyone's Gay In Space: Douglas Junior goes to lunch with his successful, gay, astronaut clone.
After Dinner Conversation believes humanity is improved by ethics and morals grounded in philosophical truth. Philosophical truth is discovered through intentional reflection and respectful debate. In order to facilitate that process, we have created a growing series of short stories across genres, a monthly magazine, and two podcasts. These accessible examples of abstract ethical and philosophical ideas are intended to draw out deeper discussions with friends, family, and students.
★★★ If you enjoy this story, subscribe via our website to "After Dinner Conversation Magazine" and get this, and other, similar ethical and philosophical short stories delivered straight to your inbox every month. (Just search "After Dinner Conversation Magazine")★★★
- Publisher: After Dinner Conversation
- Publish Date: Dec 10th, 2022
- Pages: 134
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.00in - 6.00in - 0.31in - 0.45lb
- EAN: 9798223220879
- Categories: • Absurdist• Dystopian• Literary