Bright Ideas About Inventions - Thomas Edison
A full-color picture book biography about Thomas Edison, the American inventor and businessman responsible for many more inventions than the light bulb!When Thomas Edison was growing up, he struggled with school. Why? After all, he was always reading and tinkering with his big ideas. Why did this smart boy think he couldn't be an engineer? In Bright Ideas about Inventions, readers age 4 to 8 explore the life of Thomas Edison, who overcame the challenges of hearing loss to become the
inventor of the first record player called a phonograph, the first movie camera, and bringing electricity and lightbulbs to cities around the world!
- In the Bright Ideas Biography series, children encounter real-life characters who are excited to experiment, happy to make a difference, and eager to collaborate with team members to invent world changing technology.
- Age-appropriate vocabulary, detailed illustrations, and a glossary all support foundational learning for kids ages 4 to 8.
- Perfect for beginner readers or as a read-aloud nonfiction picture book!
Bright Ideas about Inventions - Thomas Edison is part of a set of four books in the Bright Ideas STEM Biography series that introduces pioneers of science to young children and makes career connections in different STEM fields. The other titles in this series include Bright Ideas About Sun Power - Maria Telkes, Bright Ideas About Electricity - Nikola Tesla, Bright Ideas For A Better World - Lewis Lattimer. Preschool Practice Press books in the Bright Ideas STEM Biography series bring real-world figures to life through fun, engaging narratives paired with dynamic, brightly colored illustrations that reinforce foundational learning. Curious children are encouraged to expand their perceptions of the roles of scientist, engineer, inventor, and innovator by understanding their challenges and triumphs. Preschool Practice's unique approach simultaneously grounds kids in factual knowledge while allowing them the space to be curious, creative, and critical thinkers. All books are leveled for Guided Reading level and align with Common Core State Standards and National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies. All titles are available in paperback and ebook formats.
About Bright Ideas STEM Biography books and Preschool Practice Press
- Publisher: Inman Oak Media
- Publish Date: Jan 19th, 2024
- Pages: 52
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.00in - 6.00in - 0.14in - 0.24lb
- EAN: 9780998458304
- Categories: • Biography & Autobiography - Science & Technology
Praise for this book