CNA Study Guide 2024-2025: Review Book with 300 Practice Questions & Answer Explanations for the Certified Nursing Assistant Exam
How this 4-point method can help you ace the "slipperiest" part of the CNA Exam.
Do you know what makes it harder to study for the CNA exam compared to other standardized tests?
Why so many nursing assistants call the skills portion the "trickiest" part of the exam?... And what you can do differently to stack the odds in your favor?
Being able to recite the skills of a nursing assistant doesn't make demonstrating them any easier. That's why so many candidates struggle to pass the CNA exam.
Because even if you've completely memorized all the steps and procedures, putting them into action while being evaluated is a completely different story.
And unless you actually have clinical experience performing these skills, it'll probably take hours of physically practicing all 23 skills to cram them into your brain.
That's where this study guide can help. It incorporates a special technique called the "P.A.C.E." Method that helps candidates master each and every skill in the CNA exam, both written and demonstrated.
Not only will you gain a comprehensive overview of what to expect on test day, but you'll also find out how to ease the pressure that often comes with the skills portion.
Here are just a few of the tips and insights you'll discover in this book:
- What to do before you start studying so you don't waste time on the wrong material
- How the 4-point P.A.C.E. Method makes it easier to practice and apply common nursing aide skills without needing a crib sheet
- The essential steps for successful skills demonstration, and what to remember to do at each stage
- 5 full-length practice tests featuring 300 different questions based on real CNA Exam questions
- The one fatal mistake during the skills test that could not only cost you the exam but also make it seem like you don't know what you're doing
- The 6 principles of physical care every nursing assistant should know by heart, and how each one applies to the various basic nursing skills
- Which 5 kinds of non-physical needs are vital for delivering effective psychosocial care
- The two main types of Activities of Daily Living (ADL) to differentiate between, and 7 additional categories of ADLs you'll come across on the exam
- A slight tweak in how you perform your skills that can help ensure you don't get mistakenly penalized during the demonstration
- Which specific standards you need to meet when performing each of the 23 skills tested on the skills portion
And much more!
This guide also teaches you how to correct yourself properly during the skills test... why you can't afford NOT to spot your mistakes... and key tips to remember when you're interacting with your client.
With 5 full-length practice tests and dozens of extra practice questions, you'll have a full grasp of what to expect on each section of the exam. You'll also discover how to use the P.A.C.E. Method to guide your way through the skills portion.
So even if you don't know the answer to every question, you'll have the tools to help you narrow your options down.
If you're ready to pass your exam and finally become a Certified Nursing Assistant, you need this book today!
- Publisher: Hanley Publications LLC
- Publish Date: Dec 8th, 2023
- Pages: 222
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 11.00in - 8.50in - 0.56in - 1.78lb
- EAN: 9781951652777
- Categories: • Nursing - Fundamentals & Skills• Nursing - Test Preparation & Review (See Also Study AIDS / N• Nursing - Nurse & Patient