Danish: An Essential Grammar
Danish: An Essential Grammar is a reference guide to the most important aspects of current Danish as it is used by native speakers.
It presents a fresh and accessible description of the language, focusing on those areas of Danish that pose particular problems for English speakers but at the same time providing a broad general account of the language.
The Grammar is the ideal source of reference for the learner of Danish in the early and middle stages. It is suitable for independent study or for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
This new edition has been fully updated to reflect changes in current language use and recent cultural developments. Features include:
- clear, jargon-free explanations
- many tables and diagrams for extra clarity
- separate glossary of linguistic and grammatical terms
- detailed index with key Danish and English words
- Publisher: Routledge
- Publish Date: Jun 10th, 2011
- Pages: 268
- Language: English
- Edition: - 0002
- Dimensions: 9.21in - 6.14in - 0.69in - 1.28lb
- EAN: 9780415496889
- Categories: • Danish• Scandinavian Languages (Other)• Grammar & Punctuation
About the Author
Tom Lundskær-Nielsen is Senior Lecturer in Danish at University College London, UK.
Philip Holmes is Reader Emeritus in Scandinavian Studies at the University of Hull, UK, and is now a freelance translator.
'The volume is characterised by simplicity and practicality; the authors generalise appropriately, retaining the best, and there are many, aspects of a measured atomistic approach - an approach due for revivial.'-Forum for Modern Language Studies