Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook: Comforting, Balanced Meals
- More than 100 recipes in this diabetic cookbook offer options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert including favorites like Breakfast Tacos, Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Chicken Pot Pie, Cherry Cobbler, and more
- Helpful icons display which foods fulfill the requirements on your plate--carbs, protein, and veggies--and detailed nutritional information ensures you're meeting your current diabetic needs
- "Complete the Plate" tips with every recipe suggest pairings to create a balanced meal using any of the combinations in this diabetic cookbook
Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook will empower you to make responsible food decisions while enjoying the delicious comfort food you crave.
- Publisher: Sonoma Press
- Publish Date: Nov 1st, 2016
- Pages: 214
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.10in - 7.40in - 0.70in - 1.15lb
- EAN: 9781943451449
- Categories: • Health & Healing - Diabetic & Sugar Free• Health & Healing - Low Carbohydrate
About the Author
"Simple advice filled with wholesome and flavorful recipes! This book teaches you how to control your diabetes while enjoying the foods you love. Lori Zanini empowers people with diabetes to take control of their health and reminds us food is not only good for our health, but good for our soul."
--Marina Chaparro, MPH, RDN, CDESpokesperson, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, Registered Dietitian & Diabetes Educator living with Type 1 Diabetes
"As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator and a person with diabetes who loves to cook for family and friends, comfort foods are always a top choice at my house. Eat What You Love Diabetic Cookbook offers delicious recipes that fit into a healthy eating plan for people with diabetes. I love the plate diagrams displayed with each recipe, which helps us ensure a balanced meal. Food should and can be enjoyed, and these recipes get a big thumbs up from me--and from all my guests."
--Toby Smithson, MS, RDN, LD, CDE, Diabetes Lifestyle Expert at DiabetesEveryDay.com and author of Diabetes Meal Planning and Nutrition for Dummies
"As a nurse practitioner I encounter and care for patients with diabetes day after day and the number one issue is getting them to change their eating habits. No one wants to give up the foods they love. This cookbook has some awesome recipes with short prep times, which is very important. I love that my patients can now enjoy a healthy version of fried chicken! Who doesn't love fried chicken?! I am very excited to share this new cookbook with my patients."
--Ronic Tatum, Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified
"I can't wait to recommend this book not only to my patients with diabetes, but also to anyone who seeks the true path to long-term, balanced nutrition. This cookbook combines real science and delicious recipes to create a truly incredible guide to healthy eating."
--Snezana Naumovski, Doctor of Pharmacy at Providence St. John's Health Center, Santa Monica, CA