Effective and Caring Leadership in the Early Years
- Professor Margaret Carr, University of Waikato, New Zealand
Effective and caring leadership is an essential part of raising standards and increasing the quality of learning in early childhood settings. This book explains leadership practices that can make a positive difference to the provision offered and improve outcomes for both children and families.
With theoretical, practical and research-informed perspectives, this book:
- Uses case studies to provide examples of effective leadership
- Integrates education and care with key practices in effective leadership
- Explores directional, collaborative, empowering and pedagogical leadership
- Offers readers opportunity to reflect upon their own leadership practices
This is a key text for anyone studying Early Childhood, existing and aspiring leaders, graduate Early Years Leaders and those training to work in settings, schools and children's services.
Professor Iram Siraj is Professor of Early Childhood Education at the Institute of Education, University of London.
Dr. Elaine Hallet is a Lecturer in Early Childhood Education at the Institute of Education, University of London.
- Publisher: Sage Publications Ltd
- Publish Date: Dec 20th, 2013
- Pages: 176
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.60in - 6.70in - 0.60in - 0.95lb
- EAN: 9781446255346
- Categories: • Schools - Levels - Early Childhood (Incl. Preschool & Kinder• Leadership
About the Author
Iram Siraj is Professor of Child Development & Education at the University of Oxford. She is Adjunct Professor at the University of Stavanger, Norway, and Visiting Professor at University College London and the University of Wollongong, Australia. Iram's research projects have included leading on the Evaluation of the Foundation Phase across Wales and she is a principal investigator of the major DfE 17 -year study on Effective Pre-school, Primary and Secondary Education (EPPSE 3-16, 1997-2014) and of the influential Researching Effective Pedagogy in the Early Years project (REPEY). She has led on longitudinal studies/RCTs as a principal investigator in a number of countries including the UK, Australia and Ireland. She is specialist adviser to the House of Commons Select Committee on early education and has undertaken reviews of the Foundation Phase for the Welsh Govt. and of the workforce for the Scottish Govt. She has published widely.