Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology - Binder Ready
Learn the principles of pharmacology and administer drugs safely! Introduction to Clinical Pharmacology, 11th Edition provides the essential information that LPNs and vocational nurses need to administer medications in all practice settings. It shows how drugs and drug classes work, so you can understand why drugs are given and evaluate the expected response as well as side effects and adverse effects. In each drug category, an overview of the nursing process outlines the nurse's role when administering drugs. This edition includes a new Drugs for Cancer Treatment chapter and Get Ready for the Next Generation NCLEX(R) Examination! case studies and questions to help you prepare for the newest version of the NCLEX exam. Written by an experienced team of authors led by Dr. Constance G. Visovsky, this book is the only pharmacology text designed specifically for LPN/LVNs.
- Ideal scope of content and readability for LPN/LVN programs provides illustrated, need-to-know pharmacology information, and includes a new Drugs for Cancer Treatment chapter.
- A focus on drug categories helps you understand the actions and uses of drug classes and provides a framework for safe, effective practice as new drugs are introduced to the market.
- Rationales accompany nursing actions, helping you understand why actions or precautions are necessary and to better communicate directions to patients and their families.
- Safety Alert boxes and Black Box Warnings highlight important nursing considerations for safe medication administration and monitoring.
- Lifespan Considerations boxes draw attention to information that is especially important when giving a specific drug to older adults, children, or pregnant/lactating women.
- Get Ready for the Next Generation NCLEX(R) Examination! section includes key points, review questions, and case studies with critical thinking questions to prepare you for the pharmacology questions on the NCLEX-PN(R) Exam.
- Top Tips for Safety and Memory Jogger features help you remember key information.
- Online video clips on medication administration procedures provide you with a visual reference for safe drug administration.
- Key terms include definitions and page references to help you improve terminology and language skills before you enter clinical practice.
- NEW! Drugs for Cancer Treatment chapter is added to this edition.
- NEW! Expanded and refocused chapters include Drugs for Reproductive Health, Drugs for Thyroid and Adrenal Problems, and Drugs for Osteoporosis.
- NEW! High Alert Drugs boxes are added.
- NEW! Updated and newly approved pharmaceutical treatments and drugs prepare students for practice, covering only the drugs and drug categories that apply to the LPN/LVN role.
- NEW! Answer key includes end-of-chapter questions, including answers to questions for the Next Generation NCLEX(R) (NGN) exam.
- Publisher: Mosby
- Publish Date: Mar 27th, 2024
- Pages: NA
- Language: English
- Edition: - 0011
- Dimensions: 0.00in - 0.00in - 0.00in - 0.00lb
- EAN: 9780443115943
Praise for this book