Literacy: An Advanced Resource Book for Students
Literacy is a comprehensive textbook which provides students and researchers with support for advanced study of the topic. It introduces readers to a broad range of approaches to understanding literacy in educational contexts and in society.
- integrates psychological, educational and anthropological approaches to literacy and its consequences for individuals and society
- gathers together influential readings from key names in this inter-disciplinary field, including: Catherine Snow, David Olson, and Mike Cole
- presents teachers, students and researchers with many diverse opportunities to explore for themselves a broad range of perspectives and methods of study.
Written by experienced teachers and researchers in the field, Literacy is an essential textbook for students and researchers of Applied Linguistics.
- Publisher: Routledge
- Publish Date: Nov 16th, 2007
- Pages: 288
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 10.00in - 7.00in - 0.69in - 1.58lb
- EAN: 9780415291804
- Categories: • Literacy• Linguistics - General
About the Author
Brian V. Street is Chair of Language in Education in the Department of Education and Professional Studies at King's College London. Adam Lefstein is Academic Fellow in Pedagogy and Interaction at the Oxford University Department of Educational Studies.