Math Mammoth Grade 4-A Worktext
Math Mammoth Grade 4-A Worktext is the student book for the first half of grade 4, and part of the Math Mammoth Grade 4 complete curriculum. This book covers addition, subtraction, patterns, graphs, large numbers, multi-digit multiplication, time, and measurement.
The worktext contains both the necessary instruction and the problems & exercises (the 'text' & and the 'work'; thus a "worktext"), and is fairly self-teaching.
The curriculum meets and exceeds the Common Core standards. Please note this is a student worktext and does not contain the answers. The answer key book is available separately.
- Math Mammoth focuses on conceptual understanding. It explains the "WHY", so your children can understand the math, not just learn "HOW" to do it.
- Concepts are often explained with visual models, followed by exercises using those models. These visual models can take the place of manipulatives for many children; however, it is very easy to add corresponding manipulatives to the lessons if so desired.
- The curriculum is mastery-oriented. This means it concentrates fairly long on a topic, delving into its various aspects. This promotes conceptual understanding, as opposed to spiral curricula that often tend to jump from topic to topic too much.
- There is a strong emphasis on mental math and number sense.
- It requires very little teacher preparation.
- The curriculum has no separate teacher's manual nor is it scripted. The introduction to each chapter has some notes for the teacher concerning the material in the chapter. All the instruction is written directly to the student in the worktext, and there also exist accompanying videos where you can see Maria herself teach the material.
- After each chapter introduction, you will find a list of Internet links and resources (games, quizzes, animations, etc.) that can be used for fun, illustrations, and further practice.
- Publisher: Math Mammoth
- Publish Date: Nov 3rd, 2019
- Pages: 206
- Language: English
- Edition: 2020 -
- Dimensions: 11.00in - 8.50in - 0.44in - 1.08lb
- EAN: 9781942715627
- Recommended age: 09-10
- Categories: • Mathematics - Arithmetic
About the Author
Our state requires standardized tests each year for homeschoolers and we just received this year's scores for my daughter in the mail. We started using Math Mammoth during the second half of my daughter's 4th grade year and used it for the complete 5th grade year which has just concluded. Even though we used the 4th grade level Light Blue book for her 5th grade year, her Math Total score jumped 36 percentage points from last year to this year! Especially taking into consideration that she was taking a 5th grade level test, I find that level of improvement absolutely remarkable! Thank you so much for such a wonderful product that is so wonderfully easy to use!