Noh Place Poetry Anthology
An anthology of poets who participated in readings at Noh Place Artists Cooperative in Worcester, Massachusetts and its antecedent operation, Sea Otter Press (at Grove Street Gallery) from 1981 to 1996, including post-Noh Place years when the organization continued to sponsor events at other venues. The participating seventeen poets in the anthology were chosen for their local, regional, and/or national importance, and for their representation of the many styles and voices that exemplified the Noh Place Poetry Series.
- Publisher: Lost Valley Press
- Publish Date: Sep 16th, 2022
- Pages: 160
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 8.50in - 5.50in - 0.37in - 0.46lb
- EAN: 9781935874430
- Categories: • Anthologies (multiple authors)• American - General
. . . the Noh Place Poetry Anthology celebrates those who contributed to a literary and artistic renaissance in the center of New England during the final decades of the twentieth century. Their voices remain powerfully resonant, relevant, and reverberant today, and deserve to be read, heard, and amplified.
- Shanee Stepakoff, MFA, PhD, Author of Testimony, winner of the Independent Book Publishers Association 2022 Benjamin Franklin Award for Poetry
. . . The Noh Place Poetry Anthology embodies the mystery and miracle of creativity with amazing unity. . . .It is said that fine poems teach their readers how to read them. What's fascinating about these poems is how they reveal the way figures of speech are both triggers and products of the imagination. The anthology is both a tour-guide into the practice of poetry and a fountain of inspiration.
- Bill Tremblay, award-winning poet, novelist, professor, and editor