Plan & Go Kungsleden: All you need to know to complete Sweden's Royal Trail
Plan & Go Kungsleden is the definitive guide to hiking Sweden's famous King's Trail between Abisko and Hemavan. In a clear and concise manner, the book illustrates the highlights and unique characteristics of the Kungsleden and provides details on all essential planning topics to save you time and effort with your own preparations. Supported by step-by-step instructions and first-hand recommendations, you will be well-equipped and feel more confident about venturing into the Arctic Circle as part of this phenomenal trek.
The book provides answers to the following questions (and more):
- How do I prepare for the trail?
- When is the best time to go?
- How many days will it take me?
- Where to resupply food & water?
- What are my lodging options?
- What kind of gear works best?
- How do I get there and back?
In addition, Plan & Go Kungsleden offers practical advice on athletic training, which food to pack and in what quantities, how to select appropriate gear, and various other essentials for the trail. The book further includes relevant overview maps of the trail and descriptions of popular multi-day section hikes to help you create an itinerary that best suits your personal preferences. The wealth of facts and figures is topped off with the entertaining and motivating account of the authors' own 21-day journey amidst the vast and varied Swedish wilderness.
- Publisher: Sandiburg Press
- Publish Date: May 2nd, 2017
- Pages: 190
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.00in - 6.00in - 0.40in - 0.58lb
- EAN: 9781943126071
- Categories: • Hiking• Walking• Camping