The Sage Handbook of Drug & Alcohol Studies: Social Science Approaches
With contributions from leading international academics across the social sciences, this accessible handbook takes a critical look at the key theories, disciplinary approaches, contemporary issues and debates in the field.
- Part I Central Social Science Theories Drug and Alcohol Studies
- Part II Pillars in Social Science Drug and Alcohol Studies
- Part III Controversies and New Approaches in Social Science Drug and Alcohol Studies
This Handbook is an excellent reference text for the growing number of academics, students, scientists and practitioners in the drug and alcohol studies community.
- Publisher: Sage Publications Ltd
- Publish Date: Dec 5th, 2016
- Pages: 742
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.80in - 7.00in - 1.70in - 3.20lb
- EAN: 9781446298664
- Categories: • Public Health• Substance Abuse & Addictions - General
Social science approaches to drug and alcohol use offer the key to understanding complex social phemomena. The editor and authors of this volume are to be congratulated in providing an accessible and wide ranging introduction to the key theories; disciplinary approaches; topics and themes which characterise this area. For a thorough going introduction to drugs, alcohol and social science, this book will be the first port of call.--Virginia Berridge