The Ultimate Kogin Collection: Projects and Patterns for Counted Sashiko Embroidery
Discover the beautiful Japanese pattern darning technique kogin and how it can be used to create stunning stitched and quilted projects.
Kogin, a counted embroidery technique, is a variation of the popular Japanese embroidery technique sashiko and is rapidly becoming as popular as its 'big sister'. Japanese embroidery expert, Susan Briscoe, has compiled a collection of over 60 pattern charts and 12 accompanying projects to create The Ultimate Kogin Collection, following on from her previous title The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook.
The projects range from small and very accessible items to larger projects, with step by step instruction to help you:
- Try out new stitches and use your samples to create pretty framed pictures
- Embellish fabric and sew it into cute pouches and gadget cosies
- Create Japanese-inspired homewares with embroidered linens
- Choose individual motifs for small projects like little coin purses
- Use your stitch samples to create handmade greetings cards
Try these projects or use the patterns to create your own unique makes!
- Publisher: David & Charles
- Publish Date: Jul 2nd, 2019
- Pages: 128
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 10.70in - 8.20in - 0.40in - 1.15lb
- EAN: 9781446307328
- Categories: • Sewing• Needlework - Embroidery• Quilts & Quilting
About the Author
Susan Briscoe is a leading expert in the traditional Japanese sewing
technique, Sashiko. She was first introduced to sashiko in the early 1990s
while teaching English in northern Japan where she learned the technique and
studied the history of patchwork and quilting. Susan has published numerous
patchwork and quilting books and her quilt designs have been published in
quilting magazines, including Popular Patchwork, Patchwork and Quilting and