Experiences of violence, sexual abuse, accidents, disasters or deaths of close relatives or friends, and other extreme situations can lead to trauma-related disorders. Since 2018, the World Health Organization has distinguished four such disorders in its classification list: "classic" and complex post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as prolonged grief disorder and adjustment disorder. These long-term effects are described in detail in the book. In recent years, a variety of interventions have been developed to effectively treat these disorders.
This 5th edition has been largely reorganized due to the groundbreaking innovations in which the editor played a decisive role on an international level.
Among the innovations are the chapters on:
- Complex post-traumatic stress disorder
- Childhood violence and its consequences- Low-threshold and innovative interventions
- Methods of cognitive behavioral therapy
- Psychodynamic approaches
The handbook on psychological trauma-related disorders.
- Publisher: Springer
- Publish Date: May 28th, 2022
- Pages: 552
- Language: English
- Dimensions: 9.61in - 6.69in - 1.12in - 1.91lb
- EAN: 9783662640593
- Categories: • Psychotherapy - General• Clinical Psychology